1 April 2014

Trainers


Around rush hour, London is awash with working women striding to or from their offices wearing trainers. So speedy, so comfortable, so kind to the feet, and so good to see that  fashion has at last caught up with me. Or possibly, common sense had caught up with the working woman.
Rihanna, on the other hand, described in the March 2014 issue of Vogue USA as wearing  'four-inch pointy-heeled Saint Laurent black suede booties', is quoted as saying, "I can dance in them.. It's not about pain. It's about the commitment. I say to myself, 'I want to look like this,' and worry about the pain later. I've had nights I had to tiptoe home and the balls of my feet wouldn't even allow me to stand." That's bravery. You've got to admire the woman. But then, of course, she can afford the ministrations of a chiropodist.

No comments:

Post a Comment